Summer Foods in Season
The Best of British Summer at THOMPSON St Albans
Our chefs always look forward to summer, knowing that it brings with it the variety of fresh, seasonal produce to ignite creativity. Fresh, locally produced summer ingredients feature all the way through our menus, from side dishes to desserts, not forgetting the main course the main attraction…
- Beetroots – salt baked, these make the ideal accompaniment to our Truffle Roast Gnocchi
- Runner beans – adding that wonderful tasty crunch on the side of our rib eye roast beef Sunday lunch
- Peas and broad beans – bursting with flavour to compliment our Pan Roast Fillet of Cornish Plaice
- Tomatoes – heirloom tomatoes bring the vibrant colours and sweet, juicy flavour that makes them the star of the show in our Ricotta and Heirloom Tomato Tart
- Strawberries – no summer dessert menu can be complete without the quintessential flavours of strawberries and cream, so Phil’s Clotted Cream Parfait served with fresh strawberries and shortbread is the essence of summer on a plate.
- Blackcurrants – never in season for very long, we have to make the most of the time we have with our British blackcurrants, and this summer, simply steeped, they add a splash of colour and depth of flavour that perfectly balances the creaminess of our Crème Caramel
And an assortment of summer vegetables are used to create our famously delicious homemade chutney – the perfect accompaniment to our cheese board.
At THOMPSON St Albans we’re passionate about using the freshest, best quality locally grown ingredients, and our seasonal menus give Phil and the team the ideal opportunity to showcase everything that’s great about the British summer.
Enjoy your meal Al Fresco this Summer
The wonderfully hot and sunny weather we’ve been enjoying recently means our fruit and vegetables are more colourful and tastier than ever. And what better way to enjoy your summer meal than al fresco on our terrace here?
Our Victorian-style courtyard terrace, featuring trailing ivy and the sweet scent of honeysuckle, offers a cool, inviting space for you to unwind after a hot and busy day. Sample the fresh summer flavours from our set menu, changed daily in line with seasonal produce on offer, and enjoy an ice-cold summer cocktail or glass of something refreshingly fizzy.
If you’re looking for somewhere you can enjoy the best, locally produced, freshest seasonal flavours, artistically combined to create a menu teeming with dishes that provides a feast for all the senses, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at what Optima Magazine had to say about their latest dining experience with us and book your table at THOMPSON St Albans to guarantee your tastiest summer yet.